No Longer Use Battery Complication Anymore :-)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by goinskiing, May 25, 2015.

1. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Has anyone else stopped using their battery complication because you end up with plenty of battery at the end of the day anyways?

I end up with about 54% on the dot before I go to bed each night so I figured why bother even checking, now I have an extra complication slot. :cool:

2. fronesis macrumors member

Yep, me too. The only way I come close to getting the battery low is if I run the exercise app for 3+ hour bike rides. In normal daily use, even with an hour of exercise, I still have 40% more left. So no reason to have the battery complication.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Same here. Stopped using it about two weeks ago. Unnecessary.

4. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

5. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

Yah it's nice having an extra complication available to use.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

No I haven't. Despite the fact I don't run out of charge in a typical day I still like to know how much charge I have left and to me it is neccessary to have.

7. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

It's definitely not necessary, but my anal-retentive nature prevents me from turning it off. lol

8. wdfly macrumors regular

Just turned it off today, not sure I can keep it off though, I obsess over things like that.

9. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I turned it off a week ago and am just using the battery glance now. The battery life lasts plenty fine during a typical day for me so there's no need for the constant reminder of the percentage on my watch face.

10. themikea macrumors regular

themikea

Just turned mine off. I haven't had many days where it was less than 45% or so at the end of the day. I don't really feel I need it anymore.

11. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Turned mine off a week or two ago and put it in "Glances". A few days ago I removed it from that. I just don't need it, and like it has already been said, the extra complication is nice.

12. goinskiing thread starter macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

I'll definitely keep the glance for sure.

13. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I turned it off after a week or so. I do kind of wish that there was a way to get a notification when you reached, say, 50% remaining, or to have a very compact indicator that didn't take up a whole complication slot. It's generally no problem, but once after a busy day that included a workout I was pretty surprised to see that I was dangerously low late in the day.

14. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I also get around 50% battery left at the end of the day which is surprisingly good :) Brightness at maximum.

15. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I stopped thinking about the battery long ago. Never had the watch die on me yet and it's only gone into reserve once.

16. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I did the same today so I can add the TIMER complication :D

17. 7even macrumors 6502a

This. There's always more than enough charge at the end of the day, so I don't want to have another reason to check the watch when I don't need to...

18. fooyork macrumors newbie

I don't have any complications on my watch at all, other than the date.

I keep the battery level in glances though, and I have never had it below 40% even after a day of heavy use.