No LTE for AT&T 2 gig plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by plathunter, Mar 16, 2012.

1. plathunter macrumors member

Spent the last two hours with severeal different people at AT&T and it appears that while they can transfer the 2 gig data plan over to the Ipad 3 they can't transfer it with LTE access.
    I was unsure before this if I should get the verizon ipad or stay with AT&T. Now AT&T just made my decision easier. I am going to go to the Apple store later today and exchange for verizon.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm pretty sure I saw the 2GB LTE option on the signup screen on the iPad. Did you try that?

CORRECTION: 250MB, 3GB and 5GB (and Unlimited for those grandfathered in). All options with LTE access. No 2GB option. Sorry.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Let me see if I understand this...

AT&T won't let you transfer the grandfathered 2GB for $25 plan and get LTE, thus forcing you into a 3GB for $30 plan. Because of this you're going to switch to a Verizon iPad to get a 2GB for $30 LTE plan?

Or are you always using less than 1GB, thus looking for the $20/mo Verizon plan? If you're using 1-2GB it doesn't make sense to go to Verizon for their 2GB/$30 plan

@ZBoater: used to be a $25/2GB plan before February on AT&T that stayed live if you kept it up.

4. plathunter thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I average around 700 mb a month so for 30 I will stay with 2 gig and get hotspot with Verizon

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Fair enough. I've pondered the same thing. AT&T needs a 1GB option, the 250MB is B.S. But so is the 2GB/$30 on VZW, especially if doing any tethering at all.