No Mac driver for Dell Photo AIO 944?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hidehide, Sep 20, 2007.

1. hidehide macrumors 6502

Is there any driver for this printer? Or it doesnt support mac?? Then I have to buy another printer?

2. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

Ok I just checked the Dell site to see if they have the drivers for your printer....sad to say that from what I found looks like your printer is not Mac friendly. :(

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&k=Dell+Photo+AIO+944&qmp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd&rf=all&nk=f&sort=K&snpsd=A&ira=False&~srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False

Unless I have mistaken, then yes you do need a new printer. Suggestion, before you go and get a new one make sure you have ALL of the specs ot your system on hand, head out to where it is you are planning to get a new printer and tell them that you have a Mac and that you need a printer that works on the Mac, make sure you especify what you need the printer for! If for some reason the salesperson looks like this :confused: ask for some one who is more knowledgable in printers and various OSs.....if no dice there, then contact the product Co. i.e. Dell and ask what printers they offer that are Mac friendly. then go out and get it!

:apple:

3. hidehide thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks..
    If I get the apple airport extreme base station, will the usb printer function work with the router? Or the router need a mac compatible printer too??

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Dig deeper !

You need to look more closely at your printer. Why ? Because Dell does not "make" printers! They have them made by other mfgrs (most likely Lexmark or Epson) and slap their name badge on the casing & boxen.......

If it is an Epson underneath, OS X already has built-in drivers for almost every model they make, if not, you can download the opensource ones called GimpPrint at www.sourceforge.net

If it is a lexmark, chunk it & start over ! (or sell it to some silly windblows user :D)

5. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

...ahhhhhhhhh yeah, at first I was wondering since when did Dell make printers, then I realised that since I don't do TV might have been new! and even on the Dell site, not enough printers.....OK my bad, sorry hidehide

:apple:

6. McMenace macrumors newbie