Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I relisted and got 175 for my mac mini. Just the box and ac adapter and the mini it self. Nothing else.

Called my local frys today and they have one left base i5 2.3 2gb ram in stock for 529. I put it on hold with my credit card. I'm leaving in 30 minutes to go get it.

n0cus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I relisted and got 175 for my mac mini. Just the box and ac adapter and the mini it self. Nothing else.

Called my local frys today and they have one left base i5 2.3 2gb ram in stock for 529. I put it on hold with my credit card. I'm leaving in 30 minutes to go get it.

Congratulations!!!!!! :D I would like to let you know that your plan is genius.

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona
No store staff anywhere have any information. DigiTimes makes dates up out of whole cloth. Apple Corporate keeps it under wraps. Those who know don't talk, and those who talk don't know.

Omnius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2012
I bought a refurb mini a few months ago. However, prior to doing so, I watched the refurb section for weeks and made some interesting observations.

The mini with the dedicated graphics often sold within hours of appearing on the site. The servers tended to stick around for up to weeks at a time. The base models sat around for less than a week.

As for watching for something you specifically want, the saying "a watched pot never boils" comes to mind. It seemed like the model I wanted took forever to appear while ever possible other combination came and went.

hleewell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
I thought I saw this on that forum...

minicube.jpg

mattkilla420

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
san diego
How much does apple sell their refurb base mini for? I just started to look for minis today and Ive found some open box ones for 469. If apple usually sells them for that much I'll just wait until they get more in or if the new version comes out within a month or two as I need a computer for school.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.