Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2017
I have an AW 4 (5.0.1) with a Max (12.0.1). All notifications work except for the stock Mail app. Notifications turn up on iPhone ok but only invokes the red notification dot on my watch, i.e. no vibration or actual notification.

All settings are correct.

Known problem or specific for my setup?

Last edited:

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
iOS 12 defaults to no notification sound or vibration for mail, check your phone notification settings for the mail app.

I have no issues on mine once changing those settings.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2017
iOS 12 defaults to no notification sound or vibration for mail, check your phone notification settings for the mail app.

I have no issues on mine once changing those settings.
Thanks, but I’ve checked and everything is setup as should.

I get notifications for all apps except Mail.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Thanks, but I’ve checked and everything is setup as should.

I get notifications for all apps except Mail.

This appears to be a known watchOS 5 problem. I have tried every combination of Notifications for Mail and I only get the notification if I happen to have the screen on when it come in. When I put my S0 watch on, mail notifications work perfectly.

Mr$tone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2017
This appears to be a known watchOS 5 problem. I have tried every combination of Notifications for Mail and I only get the notification if I happen to have the screen on when it come in. When I put my S0 watch on, mail notifications work perfectly.
Thanks for your answer. It saved me a lot of trouble trying to solve this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.