Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SOB! just when i thought i found the perfect PDA! wtF?!

should it be possible to hack Mail from iPhone onto the iPod?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I expect this to be a PDA, so I expected native 3rd party app (official support).. if not...... I won't throw $300 for a browser...

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
exactly. apple should be marketing this thing as a PDA. if mail, stocks, etc get their act together on this thing it'd be perfect.

iPhone is not a phone. it's some sort of bar-shaped ipod/pda thingie with a speaker. when i use a phone, i want to use a phone

Silver-Fox

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
England
i think your forgetting it is an ipod, plus if they were to have mail etc on there what would be the point of the iphone? thats kinda a pda

Retired
May 16, 2006
This is purposeful crippling (hopefully things will come officially at a later date) - They have the potential to EASILY put these apps on the iPod, and just don't want to. Pity they don't have any competitors anywhere close to them so that they have to put these things on an iPod...

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
it's hard to explain :rolleyes:

i guess i didnt phrase what i wanted to say correctly...sorry

no, its fine, I just think when people really think what they mean by "iPod", they will find out that iPod is just an enhanced portable media player, which is practically a "single function PDA". once there is an OS and can support theoretically unlimited apps like a computer, it becomes a PDA..

This is purposeful crippling (hopefully things will come officially at a later date) - They have the potential to EASILY put these apps on the iPod, and just don't want to.
This is indeed a very unfortunate thing.

plunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
maybe i'll just buy an iphone w/o service....? just $100 more, and it's got that matte backside i don't need to worry about scratching...

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
maybe i'll just buy an iphone w/o service....? just $100 more, and it's got that matte backside i don't need to worry about scratching...

I don't like the silver metallic frame around it.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.