No Mail or Trash sounds since 10.6 install.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tejaykay, Sep 3, 2009.

1. tejaykay macrumors 6502

tejaykay

Since upgrading my MBP to Snow Leopard over this weekend, I have lost some of my system sounds. Specifically, I don't have any sounds for sent mail or when you empty the trash.

I've scoured over several forums where this problem is highlighted, but none of their fixes have worked for me. For instance: I've checked my 'Sound' preference pane to make sure sound effects are on; I've restarted my machine; I've checked the hidden preferences using Tinker Tool; and, repaired permissions through Disk Utility.

Has anyone got any solutions to this problem? Is anyone else experienceing the same issue?

Thanks in advance, Tim.

I've tried all of the above again, still to no avail! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ooz Guest

They are both working fine for me now. I do remember time right after the upgrade to SL when this happened, I had to reboot after that for something else, and hasn't happened ever since.

3. MaskingTape macrumors regular

All my sounds work, but some of the time they are delayed. Sometimes by as much as 2 seconds. Kind of annoying.

4. TonyL08 macrumors regular

I've had the sounds stop working a few times now. Every time I have to go to the "Sound" pref. pane and slide the "Alert Volume" slider back to the right in the "Sound Effects" tab.

5. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

I have the same with my e-mail, sometimes "not all" when i receive an e-mail the icon will bounce in the dock and show the number of e-mails received then approx 15 seconds after i will get the notification sound!