Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
The walking/running speed in NMS is insufferable. You have to do that jump launch boost thing to get around.

If you have PSN you can get Everyone's gone to the Rapture for free (limited time). I've heard mixed reviews that were mostly negative. Figured I would try it myself. Game looks beautiful however I could only play for 3-5 minutes due to the walking speed being so insanely slow. I had to shut it off because I was getting so impatient I felt I was wasting my own time. I'll try it again on a weekend.

Rapture is a fantastic game, I loved it!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That's great for the PC community but we are talking about the developers patching the game for PS4 Pro support.

It's not like Hello Games will take the unofficial mods, than turn it into an official version, than modify it for PS4 Pro, than push out such an update.

I hope Hello Games does patch the game for the Pro. I still think this game has potential with the right measures taken.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I hope Hello Games does patch the game for the Pro. I still think this game has potential with the right measures taken.

I was in Gamestop yesterday and people were coming in to buy NMS.

Note that used copies there are $25 - probably what the price should've have been in the first place. Plus you can return it for a full refund within 7 days if you don't like it.

I also overheard a discussion involving Skyrim Remastered - that it has mods now and that the console company may allow people to submit game mods (like Indie devs submit games) - but has to go through an approval process (I don't remember if it is MS or Sony).

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I was in Gamestop yesterday and people were coming in to by NMS.

Note that used copies there are $25 - probably what the price should've have been in the first place. Plus you can return it for a full refund within 7 days if you don't like it.

I also overheard a discussion involving Skyrim Remastered - that it has mods now and that the console company may allow people to submit game mods (like Indie devs submit games) - but has to go through an approval process (I don't remember if it is MS or Sony).

I think No Mans Sky wasn't worth the full price as I paid. I kept my copy and intend on seeing if Hello Games makes any patches for the Pro. Maybe I'm a minority, but I liked the game and it offers an experience I enjoyed. I never had expectations coming into the game, which kept me open minded.

Reactions: Taustin Powers

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is there any concrete info on this? I haven't seen it on my usual sites. Hmm.

(I'm interested in a big company picking up NMS. Would love to see what they add to it, and if we still get free content updates)

I also have not read anywhere else this is accurate. Especially with a company the size of Ubisoft. If it is accurate, then this would be a huge lift for No Mans Sky. I kept my Copy and look forward to any changes coming.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I also have not read anywhere else this is accurate. Especially with a company the size of Ubisoft. If it is accurate, then this would be a huge lift for No Mans Sky. I kept my Copy and look forward to any changes coming.
I still haven't heard anything. I'm not doubting it's chance of happening, Hello Games are tiny but I think the obvious candidates to buy them out would be Sony. It has the potential to be their Minecraft.
I'd welcome a larger company taking over this game, maybe keep on whatshisface as a creative director but give him an army of developers.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I still haven't heard anything. I'm not doubting it's chance of happening, Hello Games are tiny but I think the obvious candidates to buy them out would be Sony. It has the potential to be their Minecraft.
I'd welcome a larger company taking over this game, maybe keep on whatshisface as a creative director but give him an army of developers.

True. Hello Games only has 12 developers.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
True. Hello Games only has 12 developers.
But it's also the kind of game where that's totally fine. The game is just the randomly generated formula and the mild gameplay stuff around it. People say the game has huge scope when it doesn't, it just feels that way because of how clever they all are at Hello Games.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
But it's also the kind of game where that's totally fine. The game is just the randomly generated formula and the mild gameplay stuff around it. People say the game has huge scope when it doesn't, it just feels that way because of how clever they all are at Hello Games.

I actually really like the game and the majority who complain, were expecting some first person, flying on Random planet shooter. But perhaps it's because I was more open minded and I consider myself a mature gamer. There may be More to come with this game.

Reactions: 0098386

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I actually really like the game and the majority who complain, were expecting some first person, flying on Random planet shooter. But perhaps it's because I was more open minded and I consider myself a mature gamer. There may be More to come with this game.
Oh I love it too. I'm a fan of just getting lost on planets and wandering back. I wish there was more to it - I'd love to build things, like, have a main home and I can fly around the galaxy collecting stuff and bringing it back home. Maybe other players could steal the things in your home and you can install defence systems. Heh.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Oh I love it too. I'm a fan of just getting lost on planets and wandering back. I wish there was more to it - I'd love to build things, like, have a main home and I can fly around the galaxy collecting stuff and bringing it back home. Maybe other players could steal the things in your home and you can install defence systems. Heh.

I like your idea's. You should submit them
To Hello Games.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

You mean like in the trailer where the space dog fight extended down to the planet? You know, the one they were sued for? Lol

I don't mind the game. And I would definitely revisit a Pro version however I just find it too shallow to keep me entertained.

The grind is endless and otherwise pointless. That is just my opinion. If 60 dollars can get me games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Skyrim then NMS should have been 10 dollars.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You mean like in the trailer where the space dog fight extended down to the planet? You know, the one they were sued for? Lol

I don't mind the game. And I would definitely revisit a Pro version however I just find it too shallow to keep me entertained.

The grind is endless and otherwise pointless. That is just my opinion. If 60 dollars can get me games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Skyrim then NMS should have been 10 dollars.

I agree there was hype with No Mans Sky launch trailer and this game should not have been priced at $60.00. But in retrospect, Tell me a game developer that hasn't hyped their exclusive launch trailer? Even Ubisoft was heavily chastised for exaggerating the original Watch Dogs launch trailer, which they even admitted it was showing features not accessible in the game.

That being said, No Mans Sky has been enjoyable for me, which I had no expectations and was completely open minded with. Other gamers were expecting some Star Wars saga with crazy space battles. The emphasis truly lies with the exploration and resources.

The developers that will always get my full $60.00 are Rockstar and Naughty Dog. They bring masterpieces to the market with content that really gives the gamer an experience.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I tempered my expectations of NMS from the offset. As a consequence the game lived up to my expectations as a 6/7 out of 10 game, but one that is at least completely different from anything else on my PS4. There are far more hyped games and games with MAMMOTH budgets and development teams that have been absolute pieces of **** that deserve far more vitriol than NMS paltry 11 man team have received.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Sorry everyone...

I can't find anymore info on it plus some new game trailer that Ubisoft had I guess "mentioned" or "alluded to" NMS so the news site ran with it, and many are calling it "click-bait"....

Definitely a click bait Article. Ubisoft would have made some announcement before the media would have had the first word.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Definitely a click bait Article. Ubisoft would have made some announcement before the media would have had the first word.

Yeah - doing a Google search for NMS news, they are always at/near the top, and they now are saying they have the full list of features in the next "update"...

Wow, this type of thing is all over the Internet now... :eek:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah - doing a Google search for NMS news, they are always at/near the top, and they now are saying they have the full list of features in the next "update"...

Wow, this type of thing is all over the Internet now... :eek:

I'll have to look into it. I hope they continue to improve the gameplay. I think this game has potential with the right measures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.