"No Matte option for 15", likely never will be"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adamvk, Aug 16, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Well heres what my September 2009 issue of Macworld says in the review for the new 15" Macbook Pro: "There is still no matte-screen option for the 15-inch models, and there likely never will be.

Wow, fail Macworld, fail.

[​IMG]

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Why does Macworld always seem to be two months behind everyone else? Even if they are a publication, I've always found MacAddict to be ahead of them.

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I've worked with the parent company of MacWorld before and to be honest, majority of their employees are just... regulars, not much of a techno geek say to speak. They are also slow with new news.

4. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

I'm pretty sure I saw one at the Apple store yesterday. Maybe I was hallucinating...

No, wait. I took a picture!!!

[​IMG]

Maybe I should send it to Macworld. They'll probably write an article about it in a few months.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You both do realize that Macworld is a magazine that publishes their articles a couple of months ahead of the actual release of the magazine right? This is not the same as a newspaper, there are other parts of the magazine that can't be printed at the last minute. Apple just added the matte option for the 15" what, less than a week ago?

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ya. I just find it funny they said they don't think Apple will ever introduce a Matte option.

7. inknoise macrumors newbie

Then the device I'm typing this reply on must not actually exist - http://www.flickr.com/photos/inknoise/3829364510/

I kid. To be honest, I thought it was looking really bleak for a while and that Apple wouldn't get off this shinier is better at any cost idea they had. Some of us use our laptops for actual work in places other than caves.

8. relativist macrumors regular

Shhhh Batman might hear you!

Anyway, I totally agree about the display. I'm going to be upgrading after the next cpu, and now the 15" is again an option for me.

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Last I checked, they do it within a month of release. At least thats what happened with the other magazine releases with their parent company.