No MBPs in London?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OmarM, Mar 5, 2008.

1. OmarM macrumors newbie

Hello People,

I am hoping to buy a MBP 17" this weekend. I called the Apple store...three of them including the Regents Street one and they all told me they only have few 15" MBPs and NO 17" ones at all. They said they get stock everyday but after calling them over the last two days...they have only been getting 15" ones.

This is depressing...I would order off the net but I am so not waiting for 3 weeks for a laptop.

Any tips people? I'd even leave work early on a Friday to pick one up if I could, leaving early anyways and the store closes at 9pm which would give me plenty of time.

I will be doing the obvious and giving them a quick call before hand but would like idea that it's gonna be there. Its like if I wanted a MB I know for a fact they would have them instock. I asked a mate to even pop into the store as he works nearby and he was told that they had no 17"...that was today.

Depression sets in.

.OM. (Heartbroken)

2. Czechmac macrumors regular

You could try calling up Micro Anvika, they are authorized apple retailers and have macbook pros in stock, however I don't know if they have new 17 inch ones, because it seems that there is a worldwide shortage (with most people who ordered expecting them towards the end of the month)

If you are willing to settle for the pre-penryn model, I believe Micro Anvika have sales now (they had many macbook pros on sale last week, maybe they have also the 17 inch ones).

3. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Have you tried cancom, computer warehouse or jigsaw, I buy off all three regularly.