No messages notification

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 4004, Feb 24, 2012.

1. 4004 macrumors member

None at all. No vibration, no NC banner. Also, in settings it keeps reverting to notification style:none, and turning it back on doesnt do anything
    Any ideas what it might be? Some buggy cydia app updated?

2. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

3. 4004 thread starter macrumors member

no way, too much hassle

4. normanbates macrumors regular

Hard Reset? It may just be a glitch in the iOS. Has this started happening since you downloaded a new app maybe or even a new tone?

5. 4004 thread starter macrumors member

hard reset? you mean resetting the settings?
    It started happening since I updated a bunch of cydia apps, but I think I already reverted the changes and still notificaions are broken. the funny thing is that messages are marked as new when I launch messages.app or bitesms, and other notifications from other apps show fine

6. normanbates macrumors regular

Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top and the home button (press at the same time) and keep holding them pressed untl the Apple logo appears (ignore the "slide to switch off" that will appear)

7. 4004 thread starter macrumors member

so you call reboot a hard reset, huh?
    I will try safe mode

8. 4004 thread starter macrumors member

so, everything works in safe mode. the only glitch is that every app notification appears to be set off in NC, but it might have something to do with mobile substarte's safe mode
    will try to figure out which dylib is breaking the notifications when not in safe mode

9. 4004 thread starter macrumors member

surpisingly, the problem is with bitesms
    or, to be precise, with the IMagent
    that's really strange cause I dint even update bitesms. Must have conflicted with the new stuff

10. normanbates macrumors regular

A reboot is turning your device off and then back on.

A hard reset is resetting the device and flushing any software that is stored in the cache and memory out (like when you earth a PC prior to opening up the sides)