Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikaelSmt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Updated my mac and iPhone, but when I go to iCloud theres no toggle on listing for messages.

If i go to messages, preferences, i can check off the iCloud box, but still noting under iCloud.

Anyone else seen this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Updated my mac and iPhone, but when I go to iCloud theres no toggle on listing for messages.

If i go to messages, preferences, i can check off the iCloud box, but still noting under iCloud.

Anyone else seen this?
Is this on the iPhone?

MikaelSmt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Sorry, that didn't really clarify it: so iPhone or Mac where you are not finding the settings?
Yes when i go to iCloud settings on Mac or iPhone, with all the toggles, that can be synced to iCloud messages is not even there

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes when i go to iCloud settings on Mac or iPhone, with all the toggles, that can be synced to iCloud messages is not even there
So on the iPhone, are you doing this under Settings > Apple ID (which is your name at the top) > iCloud?

MikaelSmt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
So on the iPhone, are you doing this under Settings > Apple ID (which is your name at the top) > iCloud?
no was doing accounts & passwords, let me try that one
[doublepost=1528295679][/doublepost]Found it there , thanks, still can't find it on mac

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
no was doing accounts & passwords, let me try that one
[doublepost=1528295679][/doublepost]Found it there , thanks, still can't find it on mac

You'd expect it to be in iCloud settings but its in the message programs preferences. So open messages than goto, Messages at the upper left > Preferences > Accounts tab > Enable Message in iCloud

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 1.31.00 AM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.