No Mic input after DIY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deanfourie, Jun 25, 2014.

1. deanfourie macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i recently took my iphone 5 for repairs after the dock connector stopped working and I was unable to charge my phone. They declined the warrenty as the phone was dropped. So I decided to fix it myself.

Bought the part locally, and replaced it. All went well and everything worked perfectly.

About 1 day later, half way through a phone call, the mic just stopped working and has never worked since.

I openned it back up to check that the plug was firmly plugged in and that the mic had not displaced from the rubber shrouding, all looked perfectly fine!

Do you think this could be a defective part I was sold?

Thanks for any input!

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

A lot of variables here; it's difficult to isolate what the problem might be based on your post. I might seek out a DIY smartphone repair forum or something, like ifixit, if you want more suitable feedback. Be prepared to take it apart again and post pictures.

3. Kryckter macrumors 6502

Kryckter

I doubt it was a defective part that you were sold, especially if it worked for the first day. Loose connection or something else going on in there is more than likely the culprit.