no mms after outage tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slick773, Nov 5, 2009.

1. slick773 macrumors newbie

i have 3.0 installed on my iphone . Tmobile had an outage on tues and now my mms dont work. i am able to send and recieve text but no pics.... please help..

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

3. slick773 thread starter macrumors newbie

yup.... ihavent changed it at all it was working before

4. djamo macrumors newbie

i've been having the same problems. i called Tmobile, and they told me to send a picture to myself, and i did, and it went thru just fine, but then i asked my friends to send a picture back to my iPhone, and it says

The Media Content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction

i also receive a simultaneous text which says

You have been sent a message. You can view your message at my.t-mobile.com - use your normal username and password to sign in

i asked the girl if after i tried to have someone send me a pic, and if it still didnt go thru, if i could call back today, and she said "sure", so im going to call back sometime to day and see what they say. i will update my posting when i find something out...

5. Laxer1991 macrumors newbie

Anyone find a fix for this yet? It's getting annoying.
    I'd appreciate it much. :confused:

6. djamo macrumors newbie

i plan on calling when i get out of work, but word around the tmobile campfire is that, they may have experienced a surge of MMS from iPhones. Supposidly, they can tell when someone calls that they are on an iPhone. Mine is from Australia, so it's legally unlocked, but either way, AT&T didn't roll out the MMS service as fast as it shoud've, and maybe because they wanted to be prepared. Imagine how many unlocked iPhone are on Tmobile, and i know MMS has been out for a while, but maybe their service just went kaput. I'[ve heard that it will kick back in, that they are working on it. They know how many people have iPhone on their service, but they are still making $$$ from their plans, so they don't care, let's just hope that they can fix this for us

either way...

I'm still gonna call when i get home! :)

7. slick773 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is true they do know that I had an iPhone, but they didnt say anything about it. But as of Saturday afternoon I still am not getting any pic msg and it's getting very irritating. Anybody get it fixed yet?

8. djamo macrumors newbie

i have yet to call, cause since i know it is not just me that it's affecting, and i saw there are a few threads of this also posting on the T-Mobile boards, i know that they are taking a look at it. As of today too, i have tried to have some friends send me pics, and i'm still getting the outage and redirection to T-Mobile Albums...i hope they get it fix. It's not a total bother, cause i don't get pics all the time, but i'm just speaking for myself, so i just hope they take care of it...

9. slick773 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any news yet.. Still can't get any mms but can send no problem.. Someone please help

10. romantx29 macrumors newbie

possible fix for the mms messaging t-mobile iphone

Yesterday I had called t-mobile and went through an hour long process which did nothing for my i phone. I think I found a solution I think it will work for some of you. As far as the message restriction size and resolution. Just curious if u accepted the upgrade to allow you to accept itunes apps

11. slick773 thread starter macrumors newbie

No still have the same everything!!!!!! switched to blackberry for a couple of days and got all pics. Switched back to my iPhone and still no pics... Anybody fix this yet?????

12. LissiSays macrumors member

I called TMobile just now and was transferred to their iPhone department. They had me change the MMS settings to the following:

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: (blank)
    MMS Max Message Size: (blank)
    MMS UA Prof URL: (blank)

I text myself and it went through. But then when someone else MMS's me it doesn't work.

*sigh*

13. LissiSays macrumors member

Scratch that!

I called back and spoke to someone else. This lady knew what she was talking about.

She had me go into Cydia and search "Legacy." Two things should come up. Both start with "TMobile." Download and install the first one.

Soft reset the phone.

Go into the Cellular Data Settings and make sure this is under MMS:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)
    MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

This information should have been entered automatically by Legacy

Have someone else send you an MMS. They told me that if it didn't work to retry a few times and it eventually will.

I just tried it and it worked for me!

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, I love how Tmobile is staying up to date with cydia and the jailbreak stuff in general :D
    They did in the past also when people were unlocking 2G iphones and some reps even gave online links with tutorials.
    Why not, its only beneficial to them.

15. slick773 thread starter macrumors newbie

its the prepaid one right? Thats the only one that came up with legacy.. It was already installed when I searched it.. I will keep on trying. I put in all info manually