Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maskedfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
I can't seem to find the MMS option in my iPhone, I tried from a text and from an image but no option.

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
I got an O2 UK mesage saying "You can't send picture messages yet because picture messaging isn't set up for you. We'll set it up now and let you know when it's ready."

I'm waiting ^^

Ok so they've sent me an MMS, so now it's working =)

maskedfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
MMS will be enabled "later this summer" if you are an AT&T customer.

I know that but I called AT&T and had them remove that block from my account. And even if they didn't let MMS shouldn't the MMS button still be there?

maskedfox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Ahh, I see what your saying. I imagine they (AT&T) will push out an update when they are finally "ready" to let us send MMS.

it's weird because even before 3.0 i couldn't get mms. i read that they would send some user/pass to view the image but i never got any of those

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
yea the mms thing isn't there. wth. i thought people said they were able to crack it, by calling att, well dont see how since the thing isn't there.

crackedandblack

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
I got an O2 UK mesage saying "You can't send picture messages yet because picture messaging isn't set up for you. We'll set it up now and let you know when it's ready."

I'm waiting ^^

Ok so they've sent me an MMS, so now it's working =)

I've sent the text too - still waiting - I guess they are busy :D

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
I know that but I called AT&T and had them remove that block from my account. And even if they didn't let MMS shouldn't the MMS button still be there?

you need a carrier update file. you can find it on the iphone forums in a thread called 'quick guide for tethering/mms on iphone 3.0' or something like that

sublimespot

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
im on the phone with apple now seeing why the option isnt there

if MMS is detected on your account, the icon shows. if its not detected, it hides it. so no firmware upgrade is needed once AT&T enables it. It will just show up one day

brvheart

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
if MMS is detected on your account, the icon shows. if its not detected, it hides it. so no firmware upgrade is needed once AT&T enables it. It will just show up one day

I am not so sure about that theory - the carrier file (IPPC) has the options, if it was not in the 3.0 software it would not matter if ATT enabled it or not, it is not going to automagically show up because ATT enables it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.