No More Audio from FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by illegalprelude, Jan 30, 2008.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

So the oddest thing has occurred. Ive been in middle of editing a video and no problems. Today, I bring up FCP again and I get no audio from my clips. I have a few sequences and no audio.

I figured maybe its cause ive been putting my computer to sleep and awake again for a while and something went messed up. (keep in mind, audio works just fine in everything else like iTunes and hearing the volume tone go up and down).

So after a restart, I bring up FCP again and same issue. I even see the audio meter bar move so I see im getting levels but I cant hear anything. I even dragged a piece of audio from my bin to the time line and same issue, no audio playback.

Edit 1: I created even a new project and imported just a song into it and same thing. Audio levels check but I hear nothing at all.

Edit 2: Ive also checked my audio output setting and its still set to stereo speakers so thats also correct. Even tried headphones.

Edit 3: Even when I export the video, there is audio so it dosent seem to be caused my corrupt files either...

any remedy, anything I can try would be much appreciated.

2. Bunsen macrumors member

Do you have any other video output hardware connected to your mac? (DV camera or deck, or video capture card)
    FCP might be trying to play back through that. If you're just editing on your monitor, and listening through the Mac audio, then External Video should be turned off. (under the "View" menu)
    You might also want to check the "Video Playback" and "Audio Playback" selections at the bottom of the "View" menu. They will show what other video hardware is attached.

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

oohh thank you so much. It was exactly as you said. I had left my camcorder (i dont have a web cam so i was using it for iChat and didnt turn it off) so that was the problem! Thank you SOOO much cause I tried everything I couldnt figure it out.