No more comments for iWeb publishing?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Rhosfelt, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

So I just got .Mac before the release of mobile me, and I was thinking about making a small blog. Long story short I just got around to it today, and I went to publish, everything went threw fine, however the address is still on .Mac. This also causes a problem with publishing if you want comments on iWeb from the Mobile Me (.Mac) service.

Is this just me, or does Apple really need to update iWeb? Any kind of help would be nice.

2. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

Agreed. I was uploading to my .mac gallery-the address still hac ".mac" and even the web gallery icon has the "old" .mac graphic icon.

3. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

I'm also finding that publishing my blog MobileMe doesn't allow for the comments feature to work. Has anyone come across a solution to this?

Thanks.

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

same here. i've been using my iWeb with .mac/MM for a long time now, and i've had nothing but trouble since MM came out. I have been talking with MM support via email for awhile now, and they claim the problems are on my end (no google maps working, no search working, no comments working, etc.) They need to look on the apple discussion board to see that it actually is a problem!

5. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

I've been having a hell of a time publishing anything for the past 2 days. I got lucky and some stuff went through (despite the error message), but now I get constant errors, even when I try to take out the comments.

Every now and then it asks me to check my login. I check but it says I'm already signed on. Then I try to publish again, and sure enough, more "Publish Error"s.

If you google the error, theres a TON of people on the apple forums complaining. I really didn't expect apple to screw up this bad. I'm just hoping they get it up and running VERY soon.

6. kucchi macrumors member

No doubt, there are BIG problems with iWeb since the change to MobileMe.
    Here in Berlin/Germany also the same problems, no search engine and no comment is possible on my Wine&Food blog "BerlinKitchen".

Apple has to fix this!!!!! :mad:

Cheers,
    Martin
    www.berlinkitchen.com

7. davepearson macrumors newbie

iweb and moblile me

So... I have a website that I created with Iweb and it is hosted on .mac but it has become unreadable. Is this because of Mobile me?

8. Double Down macrumors newbie

I am having every single problem listed above. It won't use the blog comments, google maps widget doesn't work, and I am having problems updating the site.

The MM support page states they are working on "homepage" problems. Is that the same thing as web hosting?

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Yes. If you are referring to iWeb as "web hosting"

10. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

Wow, a reader complained on her own blog that she couldn't comment on mine. I'm delighted to think my readers have not only noticed but also care. :)