No more Double-Tap for Favorites?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brucku, Jun 22, 2010.

1. brucku macrumors regular

I'm all for multitasking, and I realize how important it is to get to it easily - but seriously.... I use the double tap to favorites as my primary function for placing calls (my primary function of my phone).

Is there a way in iOS 4 that I can retain extremely fast access to my favorites screen? Tripple-Tap? Etc?

I know after a jailbreak i'll be able to customize the "activator" but I find it frustrating that apple took away one of their easiest features. The first launch of the iphone (sw 1.0) didn't have a favorites short-cut and I remember how badly it was missing!

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

3. bahooki macrumors regular

Not remotely close to being the same.

4. cadavidf macrumors newbie

cadavidf

5. Resist macrumors 68030

When I double tap and hold, it takes me to spotlight.

6. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

You can probably change this in settings, just as you could change the double tap function is settings before.

7. Resist macrumors 68030

I can't change it. There is no setting for double tap and hold, only double tap.

One more thing about my double tap and hold, after doing this and release, it takes me back to my home screen. So I am thinking it is just an oddity with OS 4 on the 3G iPhone.

8. ianray macrumors 6502

It would be nice if one could place Icons on the Springboard which are "shortcuts" to tabs within core applications, or screens within the Settings App.

This would give a neat way of controlling Wi-Fi, or from jumping to the Favourites tab in the Phone App :D

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

Turns out that article is from April, when one of the betas supported that feature.

10. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

I'm guessing apple just said, "It's not going to stop anyone from not buying the phone so..."
    IMO you'll live. I always had double tap set to iPod.

11. Resist macrumors 68030

Now when I do a double tap and hold (at any screen other than my home screen), it initially goes back to my home screen and when I let go of the home button it takes me to the Spotlight screen.