No More E, White Block Instead

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djinn, Jan 10, 2008.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Normally where the E for Edge Network would be is a White Block. Anyone know about this? I rebooted the phone, no fix

Ideas?

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

you are not in an area where Edge is covered. At least according to the phone.

3. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

How would I still be able to surf and get emails?

4. Aries326 macrumors 6502

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Usually the E disappears from the blue box but the blue box stays when you leave an EDGE enabled area/cell. You're then on GPRS which is slow but still works.

I've not seen a white box and it's not in the manual.

Edit: See the manual pg 15/16 http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPhone_User_Guide.pdf

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

7. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Yeah, its a white box. I have data roaming off so I better not get any extra charges.

8. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Data roaming only applies if you go out of the ATT (in US, O2 UK etc) area. ie. usually abroad.

On the Springboard screen it's a blue box and it just means GPRS. See manual.

9. Kuffdam macrumors newbie

I'm getting the same problem but I was getting Edge before I upgraded to 1.1.2

Here is my post

Hey guys

I'm running an unlocked Iphone which has been upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and then finally updated this week to 1.1.2

The phone is running on a T-mobile contract and has been pretty much problem free.... I've been running YouTube, The Web etc no probs

Now that I have done the update, the Edge logo has vanished, I have a white square in its place and on some screens its blue...

Now the web still works no problem, as does email... but YouTube now says I need an Edge connection or Wifi to work...

I have the correct settings in so what has changes from the update of 1.1.2 from 1.1.1?

Any help please