No more education discount on .Mac?

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I could have sworn I saw .Mac at $69 per year before the update? Maybe I was thinking of something else, though, maybe OSX upgrades.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
I'm not sure if there were educational discounts, but there was a discount rate where you could purchase .Mac for $69 with purchase of a new Mac. Also Amazon.com sells .Mac at a cheaper rate.

jcoop

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Apple appears to be cutting back on at least some of its edu discounts pretty substantially. The old iWork was $49 for edu customers; the new one is $71, only a ten percent discount off the regular price.

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
It appears to be $79 now for EDU discounts. This is odd since it lists $99.95 on the screen, but on the apple.com/dotmac page it comes up for me as $79.

EDIT: It would figure that as soon as I try to put up a screen cap, the page is under maintenance. If it does it again I will post it.

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
I just spoke to an apple rep on the phone who confirmed that as of yesterday the educational price on .mac is full retail.

If I didn't want web gallery I would be kinda ticked off. But they're giving me more storage so I won't gripe too loudly.

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
Last time I checked eBay, you could get a standard .Mac membership, 1 year, for around $50.
yes, but it won't have the new features and larger storage, unless I'm mistaken and the new retail package is no different than the old one.

Ibjr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2002
Eastern seaboard
yes, but it won't have the new features and larger storage, unless I'm mistaken and the new retail package is no different than the old one.
You are mistaken. Two years ago i stocked up on .mac for $45 a copy (bought three). I now have 10gb using one of those codes.