No more Fake Steve Jobs!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PowerFullMac, Jul 10, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The guy is gonna make a movie though! That I gotta see!

Must be proud that he made it onto the BBC site, too!

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Yeah he was good when he was writing about technology. Towards the end there it was all political, and annoying as hell.

3. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

I heard this. He was hilarious, although near the end the posts got less and less funny. His first couple of posts were the best.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I unsubscribed to the Fake Steve Jobs blog's RSS feed weeks ago... after he was outed and especially after he got the new job the whole thing just went downhill.

Let's hope they just let it RIP.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

This bums me out. I loved reading his blog every day...

6. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

You do realize that it's real Steve Jobs next... D:

Sad to hear about FSJ... although I checked his blog last week and it looked quite truly dead (was a subscriber until he did that whole "I'm being sued, no I'm not!" thing to get attention in April. April fools or not, it wasn't amusing.)

Well, times change.

7. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

doh, he had some pretty hilarious stuff, oh well :/

8. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

"FRUITY nutters from Apple have written to Newsweek demanding that the rag does not hire Dan Lyons, the bloke who dared to take the Michael out of the company Messiah Steve Jobs.

Lyons said that when Apple heard that he was moving to Newsweek, the outfit rang up his new bosses to complain about his hiring. He said Apple wanted him blacklisted for penning his Fake Steve Jobs column."

Doesn't surprise me. I'm glad to hear that Newsweek didn't give in to Apple's ridiculous request.

9. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Yeah, early on it was a funny take on the people, culture and business of tech industry with some witty analysis thrown in every now and then. Recently though, most of his newer blog pieces stopped being funny. He actually became quite mean and insulting. He still had some gems, but it was not like the old days. I think he started running out of material and it is good that he got out before it was too late.

10. idyll macrumors 6502

Wow, all these internet folks getting "famous"