No more Free app section

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dukebound85, Sep 28, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so unless im really oblisvious, it seems apple took away the free apps section where you only browse the free ones

anyone else notice this?

2. archi17 macrumors regular

yeah i just checked mine and i can't seem to see it. Also the Browse all iPhone and Browse all iPod touch apps seem to be gone too

3. blackboxxx macrumors regular

I noticed that for the last few days those three links were broken - they listed only the apps released on Sept. 15th and earlier.

Now Apple removed them completely. I wonder what was the reason for that, as it will just make searching for new releases more difficult (the "New" section is crap, as it shows only about 25 featured apps).
    Personally, I got used to clicking the "All Free Applications" link to check for new apps, especially before they change from free to paid versions :)

4. iVoid macrumors 65816

Yeah, I used that link a lot too.

Maybe Apple thinks they are loosing too much with the free downloads vs paid apps and decided to make it harder to find the free apps.

BTW, you can use the 'see all' link in the 'New' section to see all new apps (and then sort by release date). That seems to be current to the 25th.