No more "holding" new products till the release date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrblack927, Jun 22, 2010.

1. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Just got off the phone with an Apple rep who first of all confirmed that the early deliveries are legit, but more interestingly said that the reason was because Apple isn't holding iPhones for a "strategic release" anymore. She said they just ship the packages and they arrive whenever they arrive. Because most orders were sent out early enough that most of them will arrive on the 23rd, they decided to send out an email letting people know so that they could make arrangements to pre-sign or whatever. She also went on about how the order demand was much larger than expected, though I'm not sure what that has to do with it.

So maybe it's as simple as that. They just don't want to hold packages for a coordinated release point anymore. Though if you ask me, it's also very convenient to lighten the server load for activations... ;)

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I agree with the activation part. If tomorrow there are 500,000 people activating, then tomorrow when there are 1,000,000 doing it then it won't be as big of a deal.