No more iPhone 5 rumors ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexz", May 12, 2011.

1. alexz" macrumors newbie

Hi guys, now that the white iPhone 4 is out, I thought the iPhone 5 rumors would start again, but so far nothing. No news, no leaks, nothing :(

I hope they start again after WDC... what do you think ?

Still using a 3G here, next upgrade is for the iPhone 5, not the 1 year old tech white iPhone 4... although it does look damn good.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If the iPhone 5 isn't coming out until fall I wouldn't expect any rumors or leaks until later in the summer (once it nears production).

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I was wondering the same thing, there seemed to be a flurry of rumors about the release date getting pushed back, but its been quiet.

4. Shivek macrumors member

Is it really coming out this year? I doubt it. More like 4S or something this fall.

5. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

6. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

My sources (voices in my head) tell me the new iPhone will be equipped with a taser for self defense. Talk about revolutionary.

7. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

Now all us rumour-mongers have a White iPhone were secretly wishing iPhone 5 will never come out - restricting our rumours will ensure this :D

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Hardware update? Didn't you know that iPhone 4 was the last hardware update? Now Apple is just going to update it's firmware for a couple years. /sarcasm

I think the lack of rumors and leaks can only mean 2 things. Apple has intensely taken control of their leak sources and made sure no news about the iPhone 5 is leaked, due to last year's blunder.

Or, the iPhone 5 won't be released until September and so no one has gotten a hold of it yet.

We'll know in about a month at WWDC. But i'm leaning on the latter.

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I tend to believe that Apple has tightened things up security-wise after last years fiasco.

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Seriously? You make it sound like the iPhone 4 is a Zack Morris brick phone. :rolleyes:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with upgrading to the 4. Just do it.

11. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

You're incorrect. iPhone 4 sales increase.

12. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You can't say the anticipation is a bad thing. It'll only make me more excited to read any itty bitty rumor regarding the iPhone 5. I'm really hoping for a broader selection of colors. Too bad it'll never happen :(

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

If they build it they will come! ;)

14. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

The silence is terrific. Hopefully Apple is making a proper phone this time.

The longer before the rumors start flying the better. Perhaps the iPhone 5 will burst that black cloud of doubt, that hangs over the 4.

Those of you who did not have a problem or swear it didn't exist, are the lucky ones. It's a simple as that :)

Sans any significant issues with the upcoming 5, I can't wait to replace my iP4 with one. I am eager to read the reviews once it's out.

15. daleycss macrumors regular

i love having no rumors.. Yes, it does make my daily check to these websites boring, but its worth the surprise.

16. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

17. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I'd rather have a handful of reliable rumours than a tsunami of 'analyst' predictions. Most analysists don't seem to know anything about the way Apple works, and some only have the most basic grasp of technology.

18. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

It's coming in 2020 so just play the waiting game like all of us and deal with it.

19. Exhumed macrumors member

Example:
    "Hey, the 3GS wasn't announced in June, they did it before, so the iPhone 5 will probably be released in September. The guy who claimed to work at Foxconn is clearly less credible than the guy who claimed to have talked to AT&T's customer service department. There's no way the release date is now "September" just because more people will click on articles that say it is. And companies NEVER release new colors or redesigns towards the end of a product cycle. Look at the Nintendo Wii--oh whoops, looks like companies do that all the time. But Apple couldn't possibly be planning to sell white iPhone 4s after the 5's release. It's not like you can buy a 3GS anymo- oh wait, they're still marketing the crap out of those? Nope, the white iPhone 4 seals the deal, there's no iPhone 5 coming soon, no chance whatsoever."

20. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

21. makingmusic macrumors regular

Before the white iPhone came out, I checked my AT&T eligibility and I wasn't eligible to move from a black to white iPhone 4. Checked last night and I'm eligible on June 18! Date I bought last year or new iPhone! Time will tell!