no more isights?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plunar, Jul 18, 2007.

1. plunar macrumors 6502

plunar

should i buy one off ebay or is this new logitech web cam on the applestore better?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

You must be joking, the isight is now seen as a collectible and I have seen some go for over $600, the logitech will be just as compatible and cheaper, even though the isight has its classy looks but if its for a desktop not many people will see it anyway!

3. plunar thread starter macrumors 6502

plunar

jesus the hell with that. i'll just buy a new camcorder and use that. been wanting one of those anyway.

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Make sure it has FireWire. It will do you better that way. (mini firewire is a square with a little indentation on the top, but could be turned) I also recommend a canon HV 20, you can video chat in HD, but it's $1099.

5. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I bet no iSights ever

Seeing that the Powermac and Mini (possibly discontinued) are the only new Macs that need a iSight. I wish the iSight external could be updated but I suppose there is no money in it for Apple to produce it.

I had an iSight but it stop working. I wish it did work because I would have gladly sold it for a few hundred bucks on eBay.

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Hmmm. I've got two. Maybe I should sell them and buy a new mini...

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If you use iChat for video chats very often (or for any length of time), you will soon find out that the internal iSight leaves alot to be desired compared to an external one. The color balance is weird, the focus is fixed, and you can't adjusting the position w/o tilting your screen.

The external one is a pain, but it works MUCH better. I bought two (three actually after one died) for use on a MacBook Pro and macBook...

I know there were environmental issues in Europe, but Apple should continue to offer this in the US until the Green Peace people come after them...

8. slu macrumors 68000

slu

The iSight is gone. That is why Apple updated iChat to support USB webcams.