No more keyboard dock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isoMorpheus, Mar 17, 2012.

1. isoMorpheus Guest

Can't find it for the new iPad on the Apple online store.

2. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think it was only for the first iPad.

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

The alternative is Smart Cover + Apple Wireless Keyboard.

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Actually, the keyboard dock does work with the iPad 2, although the device doesn't fit absolutely perfectly. I haven't tried it yet with the new iPad. However, the combination of the wireless BT keyboard and the iPad gives a lot more flexibility, as you can prop the iPad in either portrait or landscape.

5. isoMorpheus thread starter Guest

Smart Cover props the iPad in landscape orientation, but if you want to write something in portrait orientation (using the wireless keyboard), is the best accessory then the twelve-south Compass?

6. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Actually, I use a wireless stand that I got at Michael's Craft store......also you can get these on Amazon, too. I think it is called Gibson 3-wire stand. A heck of a lot cheaper and just as functional as the stuff sold specifically for the iPad! You can use the iPad in either portrait or landscape orientation and the stand folds up for easy tucking into your bag when carrying the iPad somewhere.

7. eurobum macrumors member

How's battery performance with bluetooth keyboard?