No more MacBooks in the official refurbished store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by agentoffortune, Jan 21, 2008.

1. agentoffortune macrumors newbie

The GMA950 MacBooks are gone without a trace... they were there a day ago.

2. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

That's what happens when people buy stuff... ;) They'll be back there late tonight/early tomorrow.

3. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Obviously, Apple don't keep 'stock' in the refurbished store. They just sell whatever they have whenever they have it

4. Yankees 4 Life macrumors 6502a

the lady on the fone told me that they ran out on wednesday after macworld, and they should have some by next week at the latest

5. aphexii macrumors 6502

Well the lady on the phone is incorrect. You need to get up early to see them restock, but they had new macbook refurbs in stock on both thursday morning and friday morning.

Someone said they update at 3am EST, but I usually check around 5-6am EST.,

6. Yankees 4 Life macrumors 6502a

thanks man, i wish i could've been able to check before purchasing mine...

7. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

Just keep checking back, they should get more in eventually.

8. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Glad my wife has to get up at 3AM EST to get ready to leave on a trip...I'm looking to pick up a cheap refurb MacBook to hold me over until new MBPs show up, hopefully a cheap BlackBook just for something different (had a white MacBook for a while before giving it away), but you've got to be early to catch 'em. Wish me luck. :)

9. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

You GAVE away a macbook and want to get a "cheap" black one? Those are expensive!

Do you have a good job or something? Cause it sounds to me your value of money is way less than mine... :\

10. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

hehe no no no...yeah I did give away my MacBook, but to a family member who has done so much for me and continues to, namely paying for my car as a college graduation gift. He'll probably force money on me at some point for it, but I might say no and actually win. :)

And no, I don't think BlackBooks are cheap...I just mean a relatively cheap refurb BlackBook, which I think show up at $800 or $900 refurb. I would never pay the price premium for a BlackBook new. I'll definitely sell it once the MBP gets updated (unless of course the wife chooses to take it off my hands, lol), so no, not really just burning money I don't think.