no more "new" label in apple store online

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smharm, Feb 12, 2010.

1. smharm macrumors newbie

hey i am completely new to the mac universe but am planning on getting one whenever the next refresh comes out. my question is, is this an indicator that the new ones are coming soon or is this just something apple does after x months of a product being available.

2. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

Please read and post in this thread!!

The unofficial "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" thread... Still

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=858865

MOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS TREAD!!

3. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

The new label went away on teusday. Sharksfans, this thread has nothing to do with "waiting for arrandale" so I don't think it needs to be closed. But back to the question. Truly no one but Steve jobs knows when the new Mbps will come out so this question really can't be answered. People have been speculating for like 3 months when this was going to happen. Whether the new signs are an indicator of anything I wouldn't think so. The new stuff has been out since oktober so I think it's about time the new signs went away.

4. smharm thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help thats all i wanted to kno.

and to the other guy gesh i just had a question no need to jump down my throat

5. ingallsra macrumors newbie

How would a new person possibly know that was the thread they were supposed to be posting in--unless it was very rudely pointed out to them by someone like yourself? Imagine how you'd feel if you just joined a forum and asked a simple question. Would you prefer that someone nicely pointed you in the right direction or they bit your head off? This isn't even close to the first time I've seen this type of response here either. Guess I'm just fed up with rudeness...
    I'm pretty new myself, and I understand that there are people who join the forum just to troll. But for the people who come here honestly wanting help, why do we need to be jerks? Just wondering. I'm sure I'll be enlightened...
    And to the original poster, if you go here, you'll see that the term "new" is still being used:
    http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

6. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

Hmmm.. Each day someone new posts these questions.. Why answer them all and provoke people to keep posting.. Send everyone to one post and keep it there. If I was rude I would have said

HEY &%$# %^$ READ THIS FIRST

LINK

7. Robert J macrumors newbie

Simple, because it may not be immediately clear to every poster what the "I'm Waiting for Arrandale" post stands for.

Maybe not rude, but the large bold font is rather confrontational...blurg.

8. etiger13 macrumors member

and to be fair, that post is thousands of pages long with mostly useless comments. ok maybe not thousands, but may as well be. it is a post that is full of comments that do nothing to answer any question. maybe if it had a more useful title and some helpful advice then people would read it. as it is, its kind of scary and the sheer volume of replies in it might make people not want to read it.

9. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I actually like that this question was asked here- it may have been asked in one of the many threads about new product, but something I never noticed was when the NEW sign comes off of products and is that an indicator of a product change. I would have never seen this question buried in a 1,000 post thread on a MBP update.

I also don't see how you writing what you did is going to keep the new members from making similar threads....newbies will be newbies, and we can only do so much to help them not start unnecessary threads.

10. smharm thread starter macrumors newbie

yeha that forum you sent me to super helpful.... it was only 112 pages in before i noticed anything about what i asked

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=858865&page=112

or i could ask one simple question and have an experianced mac user give me a quick answer (like what happened) and then this post could have gone on and died like it was intended to.

11. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

My exact thoughts.

12. darklich macrumors member

From what I can tell, most questions in the Arrandale thread go unanswered. There just a bunch of rambling. Try asking a question in there and see what happens. Within an hour your question is already on a previous page and poof, no one is gonna see it because everyone just goes to the last page.

13. chikhao macrumors newbie

+1
    I don't know what harm can posting a new thread cause neither. Is it that when I opened a new thread, more power will be consumed than joining a existing one? or I am wasting more papers when new thread is opened. But there is one thing I can be sure, I just don't want to go into a thread with thousands of comment and read them one by one, let alone many of the comments are just BS!

14. irrªtiºnal macrumors member

irrªtiºnal

++i

If the guy is a n00b and his question reflects true innocence/ignorance I think it's kinda charming... Trolls on the other hand should be hung upside down in shackles :D :D :D ... And yeah I agree, there is so much BS in all the other "official" threads that all tangible objectivity is gone... like in this one, perhaps... :rolleyes:

15. iLMAO macrumors newbie

The Arrandale thread ? You mean the one with pictures of underwear, animated GIFs and Batman comics ? Give it a break, there's nothing useful there (anymore).

16. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

I believe the op was talking about the labels next to the mini, iMac, and MacBook in the online store. They have been there since oktober when they were updated up until earlier this week when the store went down and everybody thought it was for the new mbps

17. iLMAO macrumors newbie

Btw, many newbies don't even know what 'Arrandale' or 'Sandy Bridge' is. Even I didn't know when I started reading the forums. Basically it doesn't make sense being just another user and knocking a newbie's head off his shoulders just because he isn't aware of existing threads.

Arrogance doesn't really show how *big* you are, humility does.

18. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

What's with all the thread police? Some folks are acting like we're going to run out of them.

19. Burglnar macrumors newbie

Yeah I have to agree that this is just a[nother] hostile response to a normal and valid post. As a new member (even though I'm also a LONG time reader) of this forum, it is pretty disheartening to see so many over-aggressive members trying to sound like they have some kind of authority or even attempting to enforce their OPINION over a new or less-established members who are asking a legitimate (even if it is something you consider related to another topic) question. People like this are the true definition of a "Troll". Thanks for adding nothing to the discussion and making someone feel like they need to scour every page of the longest thread in history before they even consider posing an inquiry that actually has nothing to do with the information you so adamantly push them towards.

I often wonder if these angry people who hide anonymously behind the internet are just so frustrated by their own castrated lives/ jobs/ relationships/ personalities in real life that the only way they can make themselves feel more "powerful" is to lash out on strangers and bully people (on the goddamn internet, no less) so that their own inadequacy and weakness is not apparent. Well it only proves the opposite to me. I want to send thanks and appreciation for the majority of the forum members here who are very helpful and can answer a simple question without trying to be the "Internet Militia".

Sorry, dismounting my high horse now. Just tired of seeing some jerks on here push people around like they have ANY authority or even anything to say. Many do not.

20. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

21. TrickyTree1984 macrumors regular

Tread? Idiot

edit: I am sick of know it all people posting such things. If it bothers you so much, ignore it and move on. It takes more time for you to post know it all comments than it does for you to ignore it. It alienates new members (such as myself). If you have the time to waste (and you obviously do), then make a post and kindly suggest the member uses search!

22. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

haha tread.. i hadnt even noticed. i dont think that search would have helped because i personally have never seen a thread asking this question.