No more option for Gapless Playback on iTunes 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TsMkLg068426, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

That has to be the dumbest thing to remove from iTunes when you a bunch of Electronic/Dance music CDs mixed Gapless. Now I am seriously annoyed by this changes, or am I not seeing it anywhere.

2. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

From what I understand, yes they removed the option - but it still works perfectly well.

The thinking seems to be that the info is all there (on CD's and downloads) therefore you shouldn't have to concern yourself with it.

It does work perfectly well for me.

3. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

I had an album that was gapless. It got scratched and wouldn't play, but luckily my CD RW drive could read it, so I made a copy. After that the original died, and nothing would see it.

It was some years later, when I ripped it into Itunes that I discovered the copy process had put a 3 second gap between the tracks. :rolleyes:

I just edited the tracks to remove the silence, and the album was gapless again. I didn't even know there was a gapless setting in iTunes at the time.

I suspect that modifying the start and end times of a track in iTunes would give similar results.

4. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

I am not sure what you mean but are you talking about Rip CDs? Does it keep it in the same format as it should be or does it have a 3 Sec gap?

5. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

iTunes works out Gapless Playback for everything automatically now, as far as I can tell.

On Rip CD's and downloads.

6. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, I will have to test this thank you. So it can actually tell if a CD ripped was attended to be gapless hmmm.

7. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

It has worked with mine, good luck!