No More Photos :?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by campingsk8er, Sep 6, 2013.

1. campingsk8er, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013

campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Okay, I need a little help. So I needed to get my iPhone 5 replaced today in the Apple Store, but since I had iOS7, i had to put it back to iOS6. Before I did a DFU Restore in the Store, the employee asked me did I backup everything first, and I said yes. Okay, I got my phone replaced and came back home to my computer to put all my photos back on. Thing is, there are NO PHOTOS OR VIDEOS from July 27th to Today's Date. I constantly backup, to my computer and iCloud. Is there a way having iOS7 could have deleted my backed up photos on my computer? Please guys, I really need some help. There are a lot of special pictures on there and I really want them back.

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Install iOS 7 then restore from your backup. Any backup from when you were running iOS 7 will not restore to iOS 6.

3. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I was not a developer, so the ISPW file I have has expired. I don't care about having iOS 7 anymore. I've learned my lesson and will leave Developer Betas to the Developers, but is there anyway around this/ another way I can get my photos back now? The thing I don't understand is why are my photos on iPhoto?

4. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

When iOS 7 is officially released you should be able to restore your last iOS7 backup. (Unless you start backing up to iOS 6 and this overwrites the iOS7 backup).

As for your last question, are you wondering why the photos ARE or ARE NOT in iPhoto? If they aren't in iPhoto, that is because a sync with iTunes will not transfer your camera roll to iPhoto. You have to have imported them with iPhoto while the device was connected.

5. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

They are NOT currently in iPhoto. Is there a way I can pull the photos from my backup to my computer?

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

check photostream inside the iPhoto app on your mac.

7. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

They aren't there either :( I literally cannot find them. I have an external hard-drive which is constantly backed up to, I just don't know how to see if they are there.

8. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

Not without an iOS 7 device restoring that backup.

9. campingsk8er thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, one more question. When I plugged in my iPhone, it asked if I wanted to restore from some previous backups, but my most recent one was not shown, is that because my phone isn't eligible for that backup since it was done on iOS7?

10. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

Yup. iOS 7 backups are not compatabile with previous iOS versions.

11. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

This might be stupid, but make sure you are authorizing photostream to download. I'm speaking iPhotos for Mac of course.

Also, it takes a few minutes for it to download the pics, so just let the program run :)

12. jredecop macrumors 6502a

Download iPhone backup extractor onto your computer and it'll find the backups and extract your data and pics.

13. wassup121 macrumors member

wait until tomorrow for when ios7 gets released, or if its next week?
    just need ios7 on your phone for the backup to come back