No more pinching to change thumbnail size?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by seattle29, Jul 5, 2011.

1. seattle29 macrumors member

In Snow Leopard, you could pinch the trackpad in Finder to change the icon/thumbnail size. It was useful in a folder of photos to try and find a particular photo, you could just enlarge the thumbnails.

It doesn't seem to work in Lion however, you need to go into the options and manually change the icon size for each folder??

Any one way to get the old method working again?

2. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

3. Nago macrumors member

Nago

My workaround is having the statusbar shown (Command+/), which provides you with a slider on the bottom-right corner.

4. ender21 macrumors 6502

That works well enough for me! Thanks for the tip!

5. youfo macrumors newbie

Is there any way to turn on the status bar and slider permanently, rather than having to remember another Command key? I don't see anything in Finder preferences.

Seems like Lion has more little pitfalls than previous OS X updates.

6. singhjeet29 macrumors regular

Well Finder should automatically remember the status bar, if you close the window with it on. Next time you open a Finder window it should be there. I've never had to reapply every time, it's just always there.

7. youfo macrumors newbie

You're right. I normally turn the machine off at night, and when I started it up this morning, the slider is still there in Finder after turning it on yesterday.

Thanks.

8. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

is there a way to set a standard size of thumbnails for all photos on my via via a command in terminal?

thanks