no more quick reply :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by palckofv, Oct 12, 2010.

1. palckofv macrumors regular

So I was FINALLY able to jailbreak my iPhone 4 for the first time since getting it..and quick reply was on of the first things I went to download and I've come to find out it's no longer being supported :(:(

Are there any other apps that allow you to reply to sms within any app like with quick reply?

Thanks a lot

2. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

BiteSMS is my personal favorite (among a ton of other features it possesses). They just today released a 4.1 compatible version.

4. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

5. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

just got it and after some research on the crashing issue I think I like it more than quick reply..Thanks a lot! One question though, does it work nicely with MMS?

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

Plays very nicely with MMS. It does everything a person could ask and more. Best app ever.

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I couldn't agree more. And the developer is great and actually responds (quickly) to any questions or concerns you might have. They also do a great job of listening to any ideas users have for improving the app.

If you want more in-depth chatter about biteSMS, check out www.bitesms.com. I really like the forum over there.

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

9. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Quick Reply still works for now. I'm sure it will break at some point in the future, probably with next year's iOS 5.

10. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Another huge +1 for BiteSMS. I bought the program license 2 years ago and I have been very happy with it.
    Another thing that really makes BiteSms amazing is how often they keep adding to it and tweaking it. Martin is usually very good at responding to any issues you have on the BiteSMS forums as well.

11. bengtc macrumors regular

just deleted quickreply and bought bitesms and I highly recommend it! Bitesms quickreply has more options/features!

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

With QuickReply, when a message comes in, you double-tap it and respond. I assume that I can do the same in BiteSMS without having to ever actually open the BiteSMS app? I don't really want or need another full messaging app, but will consider this after QR stops working IF it is an app that stays out of my way.

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, don't need to open the app (unless you want to) and no need to unlock the phone

14. Gavernty macrumors 6502

when you get a new message you can make it pop up in a window like a push notification and choose to reply close or open and a bunch of other stuff... on the contrary if you don't want it popping up in your face you can turn it off and when you get a new message a little status bar icon will appear which you can then click and read/reply to

15. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Cydia can't seem to find biteSMS or Big Boss' repository.

16. Gavernty macrumors 6502

you have to use the bitesms repo for now, the final version (5.0) has not released yet, but you can download beta 11 by using this source http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0