No more refurbished iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by studr, Mar 30, 2012.

1. studr macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

I was looking at getting a refurbished iPad 2 from the refurb section of the apple store. That was just thursday morning... But now the section doesn't even appear on the apple store? I figured there might be news on this but I haven't seen anything about it yet.

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Apple refurbs come and go, nothing new

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

All refurbs are sold on an "as available" basis. It's rare for any one product to be always available. Keep checking back. (If you are looking for a 16GB WiFi and live near a Micro Center they are selling brand new ones for $349.)

5. mac.junkie macrumors member

mac.junkie

They're still there, but only listed under Featured Products. You can still click on one and add it to your cart. The long list isn't there, but refurb's are still available.

6. studr thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

I realize they come and go. Normally however the section is just greyed out when out of stock...but now the section isn't even there

7. mac.junkie macrumors member

mac.junkie

8. Geffen macrumors 6502

Does anyone know when the Apple Store will eventually start selling refurbished iPad 3's?

9. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

10. batotman macrumors 6502

August or September. Probably not worth the wait to save 50 bucks.

11. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I made a thread about this yesterday. It was a website glitch that took them 24 hours to sort out for some reason. It had nothing to do with availability because, as you've pointed out, the actual section was not even displayed in the sidebar and there were some available for purchase in the Featured Products section while the glitch occurred. I was hoping that they were going to relist with more discounts, but that's not the case. Every model is now back and listed for the same price as they were before the page went down.