No more search in Apps tab? (iTunes 10)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by medgirl2001, Sep 3, 2010.

1. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

Am I missing something here? When my iPhone is connected to iTunes, the search bar in the Apps tab is gone. I used this all the time, especially when setting up a new device. It's far faster to type a few letters of the app I'm trying to install rather than scrolling through every single app I've got, especially when I have to install lots of apps at once.

So far, I'm not a fan of iTunes 10. Ugly gray sidebar, strange looking capacity meter for connected devices, missing search bar, weird looking playlists when album art is shown for some albums and not others (thankfully, that's fixable). I don't mind the new icon, though.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

It's gone. But good news....while on the Apps screen, you can use the main search field (in the upper right) and it will search for the apps just like the old search field used to.

-Kevin

3. medgirl2001 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for pointing that out! I'm so glad they still have a search. It's not quite as convenient as the one right there with the apps, but I can see why they did it. It is consistent with the rest of the UI. And much better than not having a search at all!