No more September launches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swedegirl, Sep 23, 2017.

1. swedegirl macrumors regular

If the reports that the supplier of iPhone x will be severely restrained until February or March I can totally see Apple delaying the “Xs” and not launch in September like usual..... I have a hard time seeing a new major launch within 6 months.... even at this point being 1 1/2 months delayed I think we can expect the next iPhone launch in November of 2018?

2. projectfx macrumors 6502

They would have never announced the X if they weren't going to have supply till March that's just ridiculous. The X is going to be like the Jet Black was last year...some got it at launch...others got it a few weeks later...

3. swedegirl thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe... but there are several reports of production issues even now? May not have been the “original plan”?

4. projectfx macrumors 6502

yeah i dont buy the narrative. i always go with track record unless proven otherwise...which apple hasnt done.

5. swedegirl thread starter macrumors regular

I’m still having a hard time seing a “s” release in September of next year...

6. Jjayf macrumors 6502

Remember the Airpods...

7. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Yeah, but those are just an accessory.

8. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I may be wrong in my assumption, but to me, the X was more of a 10th anniversary novelty than an actual upgrade evolution. My thinking is that it was created to honor the 10th anniversary and be a future concept of Apple's direction going forward. I believe next year will be a normal September launch with a non plus and plus version of whatever the new iPhone iteration. It may or may not take cues from the X, but my opinion is, the X is a standalone product created specifically for this years event. Just my opinion. Obviously I have no clue.