No more slide to switch off?

danb77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
I am surprised that on ios 6 my iPhone now switches off directly upon holding home and power. There is no "slide to turn off" to confirm.

Do others have this, and is it a bug or a feature?!

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I am surprised that on ios 6 my iPhone now switches off directly upon holding home and power. There is no "slide to turn off" to confirm.

You have to hold only the power button to shut off. Holding both the power and home is a force shutdown.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

This is how it's always been.

Holding home + on/off = Reboot
Holding on/off by itself = Slide to turn off

samanthas

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2005
Portland, OR
Mine doesn't have the slide to power off when I use home and the power button like before either (this only does a hard reset.)

If i hold only the power button for a few seconds though the slide to power off option comes up.

danb77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
This is how it's always been.

Holding home + on/off = Reboot
Holding on/off by itself = Slide to turn off
Thanks all. Sorry for the false alarm. I could have sworn that prior to IoS 6, Holding home + on/off would give you the slide (there are even jailbreak apps to disable the slide!) but I guess I misremembered.

In any case its a useful new feature to me that I no longer need to slide to turn off.