No more tethering after Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by annamac, Jul 28, 2011.

1. annamac macrumors member

Hi guys, after a long battle I managed to upgrade my unlocked/jailbreaked iphone 3G to iOS 4.1 (without changing the baseband - i used Pwnage Tool 4.1.2 and ultrasn0w). I have now reception with my German carrier and everything is great, BUT whenever I try to tether with that iPhone (either USB or Bluetooth) the screen flashes and then only shows the pineapple. What do I have to do to make it work again? (After the initial jailbreak/unlock 2 years ago with quickpwn the tethering worked just fine).

Thanks!!!

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I could be wrong but did you answer your own question? It must be baseband related ...

3. annamac thread starter macrumors member

no change in baseband, yet before tethering worked...

.... now all i get is the short flash and then the pineapple. I used a custom made ipsw to not change the baseband with the 4.1 update, so why would the tethering work before the update and not now? Am i missing something?
    And what does the flash+pineapple mean?

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Some of the Tethering tricks that worked in version 3 of the software does not work in version 4. You have to get MIWI or Tetherme from Cydia to solve your problem. It is not a baseband issue.

5. annamac thread starter macrumors member

but i still have the slider for tethering, and can enable it, just the phone goes in pineapple mode as soon as connected to the mac.
    does this info make a difference?

6. annamac thread starter macrumors member

installed tetherme - still pineapple mode!

now I installed tetherme - at least i think i did, since I had the tethering-slider before that in settings already, i cannot really tell (how do I check?).
    However, when I try to connect the iphone to the mac to tether, same old same old (=pineapple mode).
    HELP!

7. annamac thread starter macrumors member

HELP - iphone won't tether anymore!

ok, i need more/still help. i had the tethering slider BEFORE installing tetherme, but did pay and install tetherme, switch on tethering in settings, but as soon as i connect the phone to my mac, it switches to pineapple. WHY? and what can i do? I urgently need my tethering function!!!!

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

9. annamac thread starter macrumors member

I used pwnage tool 4.1.2 and created an .ipsw version 4.1....