No more tinted screens?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alehen, Jun 26, 2012.

1. alehen macrumors member

Last month I returned a few iPads because screen tint problems.

Are those days over?

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

depends on the lunar cycle when the ipad is assembled

3. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

I just went thru another 2, one was week 21 May and the other 22 June and now the new yellow is pink! I did get one perfectly white with a bit of a dark corner but it's the best it's going to get. I went thru a few iPads and if June still shows pink , well I guess apple didn't get the message but no surprise.

4. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

Nope, they're still with us. Just bought and returned a pink and green on Father's Day.

One thing I noticed - even though the stores still claim they've never heard of the problems - I looked at what must have been 10 floor models and they were all a beautiful even snowy white. I put my new one side by side for comparison just to be sure it wasn't the store lighting.

They must be digging through crates and crates of these things to cherry pick the best ones. Not long ago, the same store was proudly laying out horribly defective units.

5. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I just received a refurb the other day and it was fine, - it was an iPad2.

6. barjam macrumors regular

The ones in the store have the bightness jacked all the way up don't they? I have never personally seen an ipad 3 with a bad screen but if I lower the brightness of mine way down it is more yellow but all LCDs do that.

7. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

They did, but I had mine at full also, in the store.

But that reminds me, another interesting thing is no two iPads seem to be able to achieve exactly the same max brightness. Sometimes the difference between two units is dramatic.

8. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

You know what's funny is that apple continues to deny screen issues or just play plain dumb and have never heard of it.I have been to, 2 best buy stores and everyone in the computer dept knows of the issue.

9. rkahl macrumors 65816

Everyone knows about your issues at BestBuy, just not for the screen. I'm sure they have a good giggle the 30x a week you go in there. Give up, it's not meant for your needs.

10. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

Oh how I pity ignorant people like you! Just because I don't look at my screen with a pair of apple goggles like yourself I can see the enormous differences in screens .

11. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I think your eyes are tinted, not the screens. :)

What the hell does that have to do with an iPad 3 specific issue?

12. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

The man with the super apple glasses that sees no wrong in apple.