No more Touch at Sam's Club?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TraceyS/FL, Jan 5, 2010.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

They don't have prices listed online - and my store is listed as low availability, so i walked over today to the display to see what they were. Hmmm, complete reset of the electronics.... and no more Touch. No spot, no sign, nothing.

Is anyone else seeing this? Our store is almost a year old, and one of the biggest Sam's they opened (apparently a new concept/layout for them). It's not lack of space that they would have done this.

I'm just wondering if this is some sort of sign to me to "not order" mine yet and see what happens at the end of the month....

2. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

The store near me still has everything listed normal. It does say the 64G has low stock. I really hope they don't have a new revision coming at the end of the month. My 32G was just delivered to my mailbox today.

3. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I wish i had been able to go ask at the CS counter - but it was a ZOO (my good deed for the day was letting the 3 on-duty firefighters go in front of me - man the look on their face when they walked up to pay :eek: i was the ONLY one going to let them go in front of me.... geezzz people - you could be counting on them to save your life (i live in a retirement community area! LOL!!))

ANYWAY, it was a total zoo and wayyyyy too many people to ask. I might stop by in the morning and see if it's any better and ask. I'm curious now you know?

I've been waiting since July to get my higher capacity version, so in the grand plan - i COULD wait a bit longer. HA. LOL!

I'm just curious on what anyone else might be seeing.....

ETA: I just checked the website, and it's not finding anything at all. "No items available to show you". I wonder if that is because my store is selected? Sure enough, when i check the stores around me - they are just showing the 8gb, but there is "something" there. Hmmm......

4. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I was back there today and they now have added the 32gb on the display. It is now showing "low stock" online too - no other models for my store so far though.

At least it wasn't permanent! :cool:

5. onehoop macrumors member

onehoop

check the Apple refurb store

The Apple Refurb store is full of 2gen Touches. A great deal, especially if someone was considering the 8GB anyway since the 8GB 3G is the same (as far as I know).

I just bought a 32GB 3G, because I got a great deal and because I'm gambling that the next update is just for FM and camera integration. The FM can be updated on the 3G (and 2G), and I already have a crappy camera on my cell phone. ;)

I'd still have to manually manage media on the 64, so upgrading storage wouldn't help until the 96/128 size at which point the price is more than I want to pay for a portable internet interface (/media player).

M@

6. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I have an 8gb 2g right now - bought to "tide me over" until the bigger ones came out! I actually would LIKE the camera, since my DSLR is having a few issues, and i have a few apps i'd like to run that use it.

I really need the 64.... but i'm pondering my choices right now :D Trying to decide if i need to wait until the 27th - or just go for it. I needed it last week!