No more TV app or itunes shows on TVOS11?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by maliciousmunky, Oct 8, 2017.

1. maliciousmunky macrumors newbie

hey all.

I am going through something very weird. Apparently after I updated my apple TVOS i now no longer have the tv app nor the itunes tv shows. I cannot find anything online about this at all. Is it because I am currently not in the US?

But i dont think this makes sense because my iphone has the TV app and my account’s region is still the US and i can still search for and buy movies. Whats even weirder is that siri doesnt work anymore. Another appletv in my home has the same problem.

2. priitv8 macrumors 68040

Check your Apple ID and Location settings on the aTV. TV App and Siri are definitely available only if your Location is in one of the supported countries.
    Location is tied to Apple ID that is logged into iTunes Store.

3. maliciousmunky thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey. Yes I know. Thats why its weird. My location and region is the united states and its still acting this way

4. priitv8 macrumors 68040

Have you tried the same with location services turned off?

5. maliciousmunky thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup. Its even on Washington DC timezone. Still same thing.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2017 ---
    Guess what. I signed out of the apple store and they made me change the country preference. Signed back in and it worked.

Happy days

6. PopPop macrumors newbie

Had the same issue, TV app was not populating. I did have my purchased TV show and Movies. I restarted it after signing out and back into to the iTunes store and everything was fine.