No more waiting, just ordered blackbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weizilla, Feb 21, 2008.

1. weizilla macrumors regular

I finally gave up this rumor and apple product chasing and just ordered a Blackbook off amazon and 4gb of ram from newegg, scheduled to arrive on the 26. I figure with amazon's 30 day return policy, as long as the new MBP comes out in the next month, I'll be all set to return this to amazon and upgrade. If not, then I'll just mail in the rebate and get back $100. I opted not to get the Applecare warranty because my American Express card will extend Apple's original warranty for an additional year.

So while all of you are going to be sitting around crying next Tuesday because nothing will happen, I'm going to be playing with my new blackbook!! :D :p :D

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think amazon might charge you a restocking fee for items that have been opened. you'll also likely have to pay shipping.

3. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I bought a refurb blackbook (original Core Duo model) to hold me over, knowing that I won't have any trouble reselling the thing when I'm ready to upgrade to a new MBP. You have to be early on the refurb page to catch them, as they go quickly at $900.

I hope you enjoy your new toy!

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

5. weizilla thread starter macrumors regular

I was originally going to buy a refurb blackbook but the american express warranty extension policy doesn't cover refurbished products. That means one excuse to buy new!

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

At least you'll have something shiny and new. Waiting for product releases can really be counterproductive, especially if they drag on for months.....

Congrats!

7. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Congrats on your purchase. My brother and I both bought our MacBooks from Amazon and everything went very smoothly. Enjoy your new addiction. :D