Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattiowa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I played with the new 12.9 iPad Pros at the Apple Store this weekend and noticed there is no longer an option under Settings -> Display & Brightness to set Display Zoom to either Standard or Zoomed. I looked under Accessibility and other Settings but could not find it. My aging eyes appreciate Zoomed mode and was wondering if anyone had found where it had been moved and/or knows why it was removed.

Reactions: MacGurl111

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Matt, I haven't personally used what you're describing but there's a zoom function in General> Accessibility> Vision. Is that the one you mean? :)

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I played with the new 12.9 iPad Pros at the Apple Store this weekend and noticed there is no longer an option under Settings -> Display & Brightness to set Display Zoom to either Standard or Zoomed. I looked under Accessibility and other Settings but could not find it. My aging eyes appreciate Zoomed mode and was wondering if anyone had found where it had been moved and/or knows why it was removed.

It’s an option on my 10.5. Not sure about the bigger size, but in iOS 11 it shows up under accessibility.

mattiowa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
It’s an option on my 10.5. Not sure about the bigger size, but in iOS 11 it shows up under accessibility.
[doublepost=1497873233][/doublepost]
IMG_0041.PNG
I appreciate everyone's responses and thank you for the help, however, zoom under accessibility is not the same as what I am talking about. If you've ever used a plus size iPhone or the 12.9 iPad, in settings under display and brightness there was an option that allowed you to set either normal or zoomed mode. This is not the same as the zoom options under accessibility and this setting appears to have disappeared from the new 12.9 Pro.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
[doublepost=1497873233][/doublepost] View attachment 704756 I appreciate everyone's responses and thank you for the help, however, zoom under accessibility is not the same as what I am talking about. If you've ever used a plus size iPhone or the 12.9 iPad, in settings under display and brightness there was an option that allowed you to set either normal or zoomed mode. This is not the same as the zoom options under accessibility and this setting appears to have disappeared from the new 12.9 Pro.
Doesn’t show on there for me either on my 10.5”.

mattiowa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I talked to Apple Support this morning and they confirmed that the new iPad Pros no longer allow the option to change between Standard and Zoomed mode.

azpc

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011

Just checked to see if the issue has been resolved with iOS 10.33. The answer is ... NO!

Glad I returned my 2nd gen 12.9 with 512gb storage. This feature gave me larger on screen keyboard keys which made the iPad much easier to use while standing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.