no multitasking or battery %?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robothero, Jun 21, 2009.

1. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

I remember a conversation about battery % not gonna be available and you have to jailbreak etc. etc. etc. Got pretty heated, but :rolleyes: someone was right.

Also, since this is my first iphone I was under the impression that there was no multitasking? I'm sitting here listening to itunes and browing the web a bit and get a text message, so i flip over to reply and then flip back. And I'm sitting there right where I left off. I get another message telling me to check facebook so I flip over to that and I'm brought right to where I was last time I used the app. Email? Exactly the same.

And after all these months hearing about how much better the Palm was because it could multitask and the iPhone couldnt, I've gotta say for not being able to multitask the iPhone sure does a pretty good job of it!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Yep... the iPhone is not that bad ;)

3. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Only Apple Apps can background. Applications from the App Store cant. You can listen to your ipod while looking at the maps, or listen to streams or MP3's that work on Safari, and text message!

***** Is Good!

4. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Very dissapointed the battery % is not on my 3GS. Even the apple website said that there was going to be % indication for 3GS only :confused:

5. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

As said in many threads (search is your friend), the 3G S does have battery % as an option.

6. robothero thread starter macrumors 6502

robothero

facebook and the google app seem to background ok

7. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Settings>General>Usage> Enable Percentage

8. freak99 macrumors member

You just need to enable it in the settings.

9. robothero thread starter macrumors 6502

robothero

Settings > General > Usage > Battery Percentage

:cool:

10. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Sorry right after I posted fount it! :) thanks guys

11. kage207 macrumors 6502a

My brother got a Palm Pre. I was playing around with it, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. It's fluidity was very poor when scrolling, very slow in responsiveness and hopefully they will fix that in updates. It just seemed very choppy in my opinion. I hated the small keyboard too. Other than that, Pages on the Pre is pretty cool. I like the fact that it can pull phone numbers from a multiple amount of sources and emails and such. You gotta buy those programs on the iPhone which I think is kinda stupid.