No music/apps showing in iTunes on new computer...

BadboyHouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I'm assisting a colleague who has just purchased a new home computer (Windows 7).

He copied his iTunes folder from his old computer to the C: drive of his new computer (C:\iTunes).

He has also set the iTunes Media folder location to C:\iTunes on the new computer.

For some reason though, no music shows up in his iTunes library and nor do any apps etc.

Unfortunately his old home computer has since been wiped.

Going to File - Library and Organise Library does nothing.

The iTunes folder on the C: drive contains the xml file and all of his music/apps.

It's all there - it just won't show up in iTunes.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

RUGERMAN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Call Mr Gates

I'm assisting a colleague who has just purchased a new home computer (Windows 7).

He copied his iTunes folder from his old computer to the C: drive of his new computer (C:\iTunes).

He has also set the iTunes Media folder location to C:\iTunes on the new computer.

For some reason though, no music shows up in his iTunes library and nor do any apps etc.

Unfortunately his old home computer has since been wiped.

Going to File - Library and Organise Library does nothing.

The iTunes folder on the C: drive contains the xml file and all of his music/apps.

It's all there - it just won't show up in iTunes.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
A msg like this in a mac forum reminds me of the story of Ben Hogan getting a call from a fellow pro for advice on his swing. Ben asked the man what clubs he plays. The reply "Spalding" Bens advice " Call Mr Spalding"