No music in iPod after update??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Nov 23, 2010.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I updated my software to 4.2 last night.

I have a playlist with over 3,000 songs synced to it, and I didnt change this setting when doing the update.

I am currently in work and went to listen to my music, but my ipod app states that there is no content, (and helpfully points me in the direction of itunes)

In Settings-General-About, it shows that I have 3,321 songs and 20 videos on my phone, and only 1.8GB free out of the 29.3GB on the device.

Im currently streaming my music from my laptop to my deivce using ZumoCast, which is a fantastic app, but not ideal using a ton of data and killing my battery.

Ive tried resetting and it hasnt fixed my problem.

When I get home I will try and re-sync... and possibly restore it, so it shouldnt be a problem in the long run.

But does anybody know anything else I could try to get this sorted out while im at work? (No iTunes)

2. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

This happened to me, but when I plugged back into itunes, it showed I had at least 5 gig of music. So all I did was click sync and music showed up on phone..
    I dont think the music has been deleted, its still there but not showing for some reason...

3. synagence macrumors 6502a

I read on a site that the fix is to plug device into itunes ... play a song in itunes and re-sync ... it'll just update the metadata on the device and not have to resync all the music .... a bug

4. YanceyM macrumors newbie

Mine was the same way. I just synced it and it put it all back on.

5. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

This...

It happened to me this morning as well; I was getting ready to play some tunes while waking up and it was blank.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Same here, after I plugged it in I began dragging music over to it but it told me it was full.

I then checked my phone and all my music showed up.

7. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong