No Music or Video in iOS 5 Beta 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eagleglen, Jun 25, 2011.

1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is experience some of my major problems with iOS 5 Beta 2. I had the same difficulty with Beta 1, but now that it still exists in Beta 2, Im really frustrated. I have a 64GB GMS iPad 2.

None of the music I have purchased from iTunes will play on the iPad. Music from other sources plays fine.

Also I not can play any videos in the Video app, which includes content purchased from iTunes and my own videos imported into iTunes. Nothing plays properly. Occasionally the picture will show, but the sound isn't audible. Other times, the files won't play at all. I understand these are betas, but not having this capability really diminishes what I use my iPad for.

Unfortunatedly I don't have the backup from before I "upgraded" to the first beta of iOS 5, or else I would downgrade back to 4.3.3.

So is anyone else experiencing the same or better yet, found a solution.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

YES...I KNOW. I said that in my post! But it's not a universal problem and with the recent beta 2 update, I was hoping to get some more current feedback.

4. Kellye8498 macrumors newbie

Did that comment make you feel smart? How ignorant. The OP is highly aware of this but wants to know if it's happening to other people and what they are doing about it. If people didn't post about the bugs then no one would know it was an issue and it wouldn't get fixed. I'm glad you aren't coding the betas!

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What can I say, don't install beta software on your gear unless you can cope with bugs. If you're a developer then get a second iPad, they're going cheap for the older iPad 1. If you're just messing with iOS 5 then restore to 4.3

From a past post.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

My music app works very well now, music bought or otherwise....turn off EQ settings and reboot iPad.

7. shandyman Suspended

People posting here about bugs don't remotely help as Apple's iOS dev's don't read this forum and all non-dev's cannot report these problems back in the right way, so really, blueroom is right, it's beta, deal with it. I've got problems with beta too, but i know it's beta so i don't make a random thread in a public forum about a problem with an OS that's not open to the public....

8. eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

So what do you think you're adding to this. You're quoting me from a past post that should let you know I understand what you're saying. But for now, Im trying to get feedback since this issues wasn't resolved in the lastest update. And I also said in my original post that I can't restore since I didn't save the old backup. Your berating is adding nothing.

9. eagleglen, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

eagleglen thread starter macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

THANK YOU! :) It was the EQ setting was the cause of my music AND video problem. I suspected it was a minor bug since not a lot of other people were experiencing such a devastating problem

10. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

was wondering why my audio wasn't working, either. turned off EQ and now the sound works fine...thanks.