No music. Period.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Visubversa, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Visubversa macrumors newbie

I'm sure there's already posts on this, but I can't get a single music player to work on beta 2 iPhone 4. I was able to use Sirius no problem on beta 1, but now that, along with pandora or stock iPod player crashes. When I can get iPod to play, it's very patchy like a badly scratched cd. And no, it's not because I should expect this on 3 year old hardware. If it can play youtube and videos just fine, it should play music even better!

2. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

3. Quercus Alba macrumors member

It's not because you should expect this on 3 year old hardware, but because you should expect this when using a beta.

4. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

That's strange, my stock music app works perfectly, albeit just a little laggy. Have you tried restoring the phone?

Yet another pointless and useless response. Why post if you don't have anything constructive to say?

5. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I am waiting for someone to tell the OP that if he isn't a developer, he shouldn't expect his music player to function correctly! :D

On a more serious note, i use spotify, espnradio, and itunes radio with no problem. I have an iphone 5, running beta 2.

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

those almighty devs with their nose so far up their asses make me wanna pirate every one of their apps just out of principal

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So the OP starts a thread just to bad-mouth both Sirius' and Pandora's developers for not working fast enough for him and you both think this sort of baseless character-assassination is perfectly fine?

Seems like a jerk move to me and not something I'd go out of my way to defend.

8. Visubversa thread starter macrumors newbie

Well aren't you special.
    I'm not expecting it to run perfect, and am perfectly aware that I am running a beta. BTW, I am a developer. I have already covered this in the proper forum, I thought I would share my bugs to see how many others had the same/similar problems outside the box.

----------

But you will go out of your way to assume that my post was to bash Sirius and pandora? Did you not read my post? If you did, you'd see I focused more on the music player, and how things got worse when beta 2 was released. So get in your small white car, and keep quiet.

9. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Here ya go: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601670

10. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

They were being sarcastic.

11. Small White Car, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I suspect you'd be unhappy about a post like this about your own software, though.

You said you were a developer, would you appreciate someone making a post criticizing your software for not being 7-ready yet? Somehow I don't think you'd look at a post like that and say "well, they criticized my app, but because they also talked about the Apple music app I guess I don't mind!"

Talking about Apple's software is fair. Talking about your own software is fair. I don't think dragging others into it is fair though. Pandora not being ready has nothing to do with Apple's software or your software.

12. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Not sure how OP's post qualifies as "baseless character-assassination". I don't see anywhere there he criticized developers, he was simply saying that he has a problem with his music players. There's a whole thread dedicated to apps that don't yet work on ios 7 yet, so are all those posts character assassinations as well?

@OP, you should try restoring your phone because it doesn't seem a typical bug of this beta.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I honestly hadn't given it much thought until now, but yeah, I guess I have to say I find that thread distasteful as well.

Apparently it's just me, though. So I'll shut up about it.