No 'Music Videos' in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fstfrwrd, Jul 22, 2008.

1. fstfrwrd macrumors regular

I've been downloading a few music videos recently, but there's been some issues with iTunes. (not downloading them through the store, mind you)

There doesn't seem to be a 'music videos' category in iTunes (like TV Shows, Movies, Music etc ...).
    I can select 'music video' when clicking 'get info' on the video, and when I do, the file just disappears. Can't find it anywhere, not under movies, not under tv shows, unless I perform a search within iTunes.
    It must be under a 'missing' music videos category then, right?

Some - I think - vital info:
    I live in Belgium and am therefore using the Belgian version of iTunes.
    The Belgian iTunes store however does not support music video downloads.
    Could that be the reason why there isn't a music videos tab?

If that's the reason, can this be resolved by simply installing the US version of iTunes?
    Or is there some kind of workaround so I can keep using the Belgian version?

Thanks in advance

2. tsvb macrumors 6502

When you choose get info are you tagging any other part of the file?

3. bristleworm macrumors 6502

bristleworm

I'm not sure about this but I believe I had a similar problem some months ago. My iTunes simply listed music videos in the "Music Library". But since I don't watch music videos often, it didn't bother me.

4. fstfrwrd thread starter macrumors regular

OK, found it.

Apparently, in iTunes 7, music videos no longer have their own category but they appear in the category 'Music' instead. (bummer)

Oh well ... Not worth downgrading.

5. qacjared macrumors regular

My Solution for this

Do what I've been doing since iTunes 7 came out 2 years ago. Take your video and tag it. On the name add (Video). Then create a smart playlist include everything with (Video) in the name. Then name the playlist Music Videos. Then you have created your own customizable Music Video category and can tell the difference between the song and the video when browsing your "Music" Category.

Attached Files:

6. fstfrwrd thread starter macrumors regular

I made a smart playlist with:

'Video kind is music video'

that way i don't have to put an ugly tag next to the videos and they're still recognizable in the music category because of the little screen next to them.

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This would be the catchall way to do things.

Attached Files: