No need to say Hey Siri, or Press the Crown

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rezwits, Sep 28, 2018.

1. rezwits macrumors 6502a

rezwits

So no need to Say "Hey Siri" or you can just Press the Crown. Yeah right...

When I first got my Watch 4, I was like ok this is cool and working, Siri was blazing.

Then I was like, oh yeah let's get into some making Siri Shortcuts.

DEAD.

I have to say Hey Siri all the time, pressing the Crown is slow as Hell now too.

I get the ANNOYING as HELL:
    "I'll tap you when I am ready" everytime.
    Then
    "Siri Shortcuts will take over from here"
    Then the stupid
    "Siri Settings" button that when you tap it? DOES NOTHING. UGH So fustrating.

It's just the shortcuts. They are DAWG slow, and the whole "The we'll hand off the request to the iPhone for shortcuts" is just LAME.

NOT SMOOTH. for 1st implementing. I mean I don't care about who is doing what, when comes to Siri, just DO the Command!

It's like "Oh I'll have to send a memo to HR first and get back to you", and then blah blah blah...

NOT SMOOTH!

Laters...

2. simplynando macrumors 6502

simplynando

Siri on the Apple Watch SUCKS! I hate it. I have the LTE Series 3 and it never works when I need it to. I always have to wait. The "Raise to speak" is a joke as well. It never works. It's easier to just use Hey Siri on my iPhone. I can't get any of my shortcuts to run from my watch, either. Even when tapping Siri on the Siri Watch face. Useless.

3. rezwits thread starter macrumors 6502a

rezwits

well I have had some success with just normal use timers add to grocery who won the game etc and series 4 is insane or was till I started messing with shortcuts- I did two music albums I want on quick quick access - 3 times now by the time I left and then the music started- I was there - or I was back home? wtf

4. sosumi99 macrumors 6502

sosumi99

It's really shocking how bad Siri is. I don't understand what is going on up there in Apple that they're not paying more attention to this.

5. simplynando macrumors 6502

simplynando

I think I have like a 25% success rate with Siri on Apple Watch. I would sometimes say "Hey Siri" and my watch wouldn't register it but my iPhone (that is across the room) picks it up just fine. I really wish it worked like Apple advertises with Raise to Speak, but it's really just like Siri roulette.

6. Nozuka macrumors 68020

it worked very well for me when i first upgraded to 5.0....
    after 2 days it became really bad and rarely works well

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I use “Hey Siri” each time and prefer it that way.

Siri works very well for me.

Maybe an accent?

8. rezwits thread starter macrumors 6502a

rezwits

Oh definitely keep saying "Hey Siri", but I hate the slow 3 levels of notification to actually DO a Shortcut.

It's like JUST RUN the shortcut, I don't need to notified each level of where you are at in the PROCESS of doing the shortcut.

9. geauxtac260 macrumors newbie

Raise to speak is garbage on my series 4. Very frustrating.

10. Smoothie macrumors 6502a

Raise to speak on my series 3 works as long as my arm is hanging by my side and I raise the watch to my mouth. If my arm is on my desk and I move the watch near my mouth, Siri seems to be on a lunch break.

11. LCAU macrumors newbie

S4 here, raise to speak is no good.
    Siri will hear everything I say correctly and show it on the screen then it just dissappears

12. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

This morning during my workout...

"Text Mom It's really raining hard over here right now"

Here's what I'll send "It's really hard right now."

NO NO NO NO!

13. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

I don’t know what you all are doing wrong, but Siri works great for me, raise to speak works roughly 75% of the time, and Siri gets my message right about 90-95% of the time.

14. Deguello macrumors 6502a

Deguello

Raise to speak works almost every time. Sometimes I probably wait too long.

As far as messages, I just speak. Maybe she doesn't like deep voices.

15. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Might be lol. I do make sure I talk a little slower than normal and annunciate as well as I can, that helps I imagine.

16. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

Okay, so I’m not much of a “Siri” fan, but I do like to play. Today I noticed that Siri takes two or three times to “Wake up”, before I can ask a question or do anything. The “Raise to speak” hasn’t worked at all. Ever. Looks like I'm not the only one.

17. rezwits thread starter macrumors 6502a

rezwits

Yeah, she needs to be "Burned In" mine is starting to work properly again, finally. Some was user error with shortcuts, but today things were back to being smooth...

18. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

Hmmm, I guess it’s “Patience, Grasshopper, Patience”.. :)

19. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

I turned raise to speak off it just doesn’t work. Left the Hey Siri command on as that actually works better.

Siri & HomeKit are trash. Alexa is so much better for both. I really wish Apple would allow us to switch to a preferred A.I. assistant on the Watch and overall iOS.

20. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Great advice. I’ve found this really helps. If the first attempt doesn’t work, I no longer just rotate my wrist away and then back towards me. Now I drop my arm and then raise it back up. I also bring the watch close to my mouth and speak towards the crown (where the mic hole is). Works way better.

21. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Raise to speak pretty much never works for me. Simple things like setting a timer work pretty much 100% of the time if preceded by 'Hey Siri'. Other commands, not so much. I'd say 60-70% success rate. But this appears to be hardware rather than software. I just recently got a HomePod and other than the expected Siri limitations with complex requests or names, the sensitivity of the mics on this thing are scary-good. I can whisper from across the room with loud music playing and it hears me and correctly executes the command. On my Apple watch I have to speak loudly and clearly while raising my wrist to my mouth - and still generally poor results.

22. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Mine works fine. Even raising from arm on desk. Also, turning on flashlight. Had to manually turn it off. I sent the rain post to wife as stated in post. Sent exactly as spoken. I don't speak slow or fast and don't try to over enunciate. Any accents could affect it, I guess.