No Netflix, Pandora..ect apps for rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaxxx, Feb 18, 2013.

1. jaxxx macrumors newbie

Can't find it anywhere in the App Store , amI doing something wrong?

2. boto macrumors 6502

boto

The Pandora app is exclusively available to subscribers and Netflix is through their website, no app for it.

3. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Just set a direct link on the desktop to go to netflix.com, no need for an app.

4. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

5. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

There are plenty of apps that let you control Pandora from the menu bar in the App Store. Just about all of them are preferable to the official Pandora app, and most don't use Flash. I use PandaBar.

For Netflix (and many other web-based services) you can use a site-specific browser app to create a mini-browser just for a specific web site. The end result is "apps" for specific websites like Netflix, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc. The only SSB that I know of for OSX is a program called Fluid and you have to download it straight from the developer. It's awesome and there's an unpaid version which works quite well. You can even use it to create your own Pandora app if you want, though some of the ones available from the App Store function a little more smoothly because they were designed for Pandora from the ground up.

___

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

FYI PandaBar is no longer available. http://www.pandabarapp.com

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

There is no need for these providers to make apps. They only need to keep there website up-to-date and it will work with most people computers.

There reason iOS, Android, Window RT, etc. have apps is because by default these systems cannot use the website based system.

8. NewishMacGuy macrumors 6502a

NewishMacGuy

Yes, but it is nice not to have to open a full-fledged browser for the services in question, particularly Pandora.

As for PandaBar being down for the moment, that's a shame you may wish to try Fury or Muse. I think my sister uses Fury, and she likes it.